Characteristics of Grapefruit
The grapefruit - Citrus paradisi, is an evergreen fruit tree and belongs to the large citrus family. It consists of rich foliage and its height can reach 4-5 meters. In ideal growing conditions, the life span of the tree reaches 50 years.
Its edible fruits, collected three years after planting, are large in size with a yellow or reddish-yellow color, depending on the variety of the tree. Its characteristic taste is strongly sour, bitter, astringent and a little sweet. It is a rich source of vitamin C, after lemon and orange.
Grapefruit essential oil is extracted from the fresh rind of the fruit, from the thick flesh of the fruit that encloses the juice, using the cold pressing method. The ideal time to produce the essential oil is when the fruit is properly ripe and the skin is still hard with an intense color.
History of Grapefruit
The tree appeared in tropical countries, since it chooses warm and sandy soils for its growth. When its fruits are in full growth, they hang close to each other, and the image is similar to bunches of grapes. After all, that was the reason why it got the name grapefruit.
The tree's ancestors come from Indonesia and Malaysia, and its cultivation began relatively recently, from about the mid-1650s onwards. Later, in the early 1800s, America adopted the grapefruit and its cultivation began slowly, since the bitter taste of the fruit was not conducive to consumption. Over time, people who consumed the fruit noticed a significant improvement in their health
issues related to detoxification, fluid retention, intestinal parasites, etc.
So it started to be consumed in combination in juice with other citrus fruits, orange, tangerine.
Grapefruit essential oil from the skin of the fruit with the cold pressing method.
Chemical composition of grapefruit essential oil:
Sesquiterpenes, 90% D- Limonene (Limonene, a substance from the group of monoterpenes that gives the characteristic aroma),
Vitamin C, citronellal, geraniol, α-pinene, myrcene, terpinenol, savinene, decyl acetate, neryl acetate.
Instructions for use
- Added to therapeutic products to treat acne. Its astringent property manages to effectively treat the oiliness of the skin and regulate the secretion of the sebaceous gland, while its antiseptic capacity limits the spread and
the recurrence of acne.
- Add a few drops of grapefruit, cypress, cedar essential oil to a mixture of argan and grapeseed oils to treat cellulite. Grapefruit essential oil enhances the decongestion of the lymphatic system and the elimination of excess fluids. In this way it significantly improves the appearance of orange on the skin.
Consult our pharmacist for the appropriate prescription.
- To fight nail fungus, put 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil and 2 drops of tea tree in warm water during the foot bath.
- The anti-parasitic properties of the fruit help to clean the intestine and restore the microbiome. The essential oil can be used after special treatment to treat bloating, gas and parasites.
- To give the feeling of freshness at home, put 2 drops of grapefruit and lemon essential oil in the combustion device.
- It combines very well with lavender, rosemary, bergamot, cypress, juniper, geranium, lemon essential oil.
Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda
In Eastern medicine, grapefruit essential oil is considered refreshing, soothing, and expectorant, as it expels phlegm. Its aroma and overall properties increase the element of air and decrease the element of fire and earth. Its energetic nature enhances self-control, discipline and connection to spirit.
Ayurvedic recipe for swollen joints with burning sensation:
Dissolve a few drops of grapefruit essential oil in almond oil and massage lightly into sore joints early in the morning.
Returns & Exchanges Policy
Free shipping on all exchanges and returns up to 14 calendar days after delivery. Changing an item has never been easier with the new Stock Credit by Avgerinos service .
Necessary conditions are the presentation of the receipt/invoice inside the package and the condition of the products. The products should be like new and not have been opened or used. There are specific products that cannot be returned for health reasons. After we have received and checked your return package, we will then issue the corresponding Voucher/Gift Card with the same amount of money which you will be able to use on our site.
In the event that your products must be fully withdrawn we issue your refund using the same payment method used for the original purchase.
Return costs are free of charge but excluding additional costs due to your choice to use a delivery method other than the cheapest standard delivery method we offer.
For all the details you can read our full allowance and change policy here.
The return address is: 138 Vasileos Konstantinou, Koropi 19400, T +30 210 6623565
Delivery Time & Hours
Delivery Time: (you calculate as the start date the date of shipment, not the order, and only working days are taken into account).
- Land destinations: 1-2 business days
- Island destinations: 2-3 working days
- Hard to reach areas: 2-5 business days
- Delivery days are from Monday - Friday
- Delivery Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm (on arrival)
Shipping & COD
- Shipping costs for the whole of Greece are €3.90
- Cash on Delivery is FREE
- Most parcels are up to 2kg, and each additional kilo is charged at €1
avgerinospharmacy.gr will not be held responsible for the consequences due to delivery delay or loss of your parcel by the carrier or due to force majeure. If the parcel is not received within the stated deadlines, an inquiry is made to the carrier and lasts up to 15 days. During this period, no refunds or reshipments can take place.
For all the details you can read our full shipping & handling policy here.
Buy 4 Get 5